Monday, April 16, 2012

Counting My Many Blessings!!

It's been a while since I updated my blog. I actually just barely got my computer fixed- it needed to be rebooted and I finally got my windows vista disc from home! A lot has happened since I last wrote.

I got the job teaching 4th grade through the end of the school year. It's been really difficult taking over for a class that is a little out of control- And trying to teach them things. Gosh- it would be so much fun if I didn't have to teach them and we could just play all day- I have the cutest kids! They are just so crazy and hard to teach sometimes! But it's been fun, and I'm learning a lot!

For Spring Break a couple of weeks ago, I went up to Rexburg determined to find a job! I had interviewed for a 3rd grade position over the phone the previous week, and they wanted me to come in for a second interview while I was up there. I was beyond nervous- but I wanted it really bad! I submitted applications with other school district but didn't have interviews set up with anyone else. A couple days later, I got a phone call, and the principal asked if he could put me on speaker phone with the 3rd grade teacher I'll be working with- right then I knew I got it! He said he was in a position where he wanted to hire me. And he said I just want to make you aware that we had over 30 applicants for the position, and we interviewed 15. I can't believe they picked me! :) Sorry- I had to brag a little. I don't know what they saw in me, but I know it was another blessing from God!

Brent comes home in 2 months from this Friday! It's so weird how fast it seems sometimes, and other times it seems like it drags on! But I really look forward to him being home again!

My Grandma is visiting, and is staying here with me for 2 weeks! It's been fun having her here, and showing her around in my life.

Life this summer is going to be crazy! But good- crazy! I trying to get through the rest of the school year sane- but now I'm also thinking about next school year! I have so many things to be grateful for- I love my family- my amazing friends- my job- my students. Life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment