Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Cheers to 2012!

I am so excited to see what this year will bring! 2011 was a big year in my life! I graduated from college! :) Crazy how fast that 4 years went! I can't believe I'm done with it! It was the best 4 years of my life! It was tough to leave BYU-Idaho, and say bye to all the friends I made there. But the true friends are still in my life and always will be! So to them it was just a see ya later!!!

I did my student teaching in Layton, Utah. I got lucky enough to be placed with an amazing teacher in a 5th/6th grade split. I found out the very first week that she was expecting a baby and would be on maternity leave shortly after I finished my student teaching. Can you say a blessing?! A job was placed in my hands without an interview or anything! I gladly accepted and started that at the beginning of December.

I recently was asked if I'd like to take another long term position for a 4th grade teacher having a baby after I finish the current one. It was a tough decision to make, because I really am just ready to go home. But I don't have a for sure job at home, and I know that this is an amazing opportunity and great experience- so I decided to stay. There's a possibility that the teacher may not come back after she has the baby, so I just might be here through the first of June.

I was planning on staying in Utah for Christmas but to my surprise the weekend before my break started, my aunt called and said she wanted to fly me home because it wouldn't be Christmas without me! So I kept it a secret from my family and surprised them all! I had an awesome time at home with them- I am so glad and so grateful to Aunt Glo that I made it home!

I also got to skype with Elder Joyce! It was great to see him and hear his voice! I miss him so much! Can't wait to be in his arms again (June 20,2012)!!

2012 will be another big year in my life... can't wait to see what the future holds! For now I'm just living my life to the fullest, being as happy as I can, keeping myself busy, counting my blessings, loving my family and friends, and waiting for Elder Joyce to come home! :) 24 weeks and counting!


No comments:

Post a Comment