Thursday, January 19, 2012

Can it be June yet?

Can it be June yet?! Tomorrow, Brent will be home in exactly 5 months (June 20)! So close, but yet so far away!! I read a quote today that said missing someone is your hearts way of saying you love them. Man is that true- I love that boy so much! When people ask how long he has left and I say 5 months, they always react like it's so soon! And it really is pretty soon, but I can already tell that it's going to go by super slow! But oh well- I'm doing fine, and just thinking about him being home gets me all anxious-excited! So I try to not think about how close it is, but about how slow it will go by. I try to keep busy and stay distracted by other things.

Work is going good! I love teaching! Some days of course I feel a little overwhelmed and maybe frustrated with some kids, but that moment when I see the light bulb go on in their heads and when my kids that struggle so much with something actually get it- it makes it all worth it! And that happens pretty much every day! I love it! It's never boring either! My kids make me laugh at least 3 times a day!

I went up to Rexburg last weekend! I drove my ghetto cop/cab car up- and ran the meter for the 4 people I took up with me! Not gonna lie- I was a little nervous about it making it up there, but it did fine. My little Uncle Cracker- well big actually! I had so much fun hanging out with my little sister, and my best friends! Did some shopping, pizza on our girls night out, yummy dinner, birthday cake, pancakes for breakfast, hot springs, and big juds for dinner!  :) I do miss it up there alot, but I am enjoying the time I am at in my life! And trying to make the most of living in Utah for the time being!

Well, I've got 2 more weeks left with my class. Then I move to a 4th grade class! I've heard scary things about the class I'm moving to! Especially compared to the great class I have now! So it'll be interesting. I get to teach them long division too! YAY! And apparently with this group of kids I might struggle a bit- so wish me luck!!!

Next weekend is the Brad Paisley concert with Scotty McCreery and the Band Perry! I am so excited! Some friends from Rexburg are coming down to go with me- I can't wait!!! And the weekend after that, I am going down to St. George, for a wedding and Vegas for the reception! So the next few weeks are going to be busy, but so much fun!!

American Idol started last night- so I'm going to go watch tonight's episode now!

No comments:

Post a Comment