Friday, December 16, 2011

I got this!

Well. In 6 months, my best friend and boy friend of 4 year, will return home from his 2 year mission for the LDS church. He has been serving in San Jose California. I can finally say I am 3/4 of the way done waiting for him. 6 months! Ah.. It feels amazing!!! And a week from Sunday (Christmas), I get to skype with him! Every letter I get from him reminds me of the many reasons I chose to wait for him. And I've kind of-sort of started maybe planning our wedding. And to answer my dad's question- Yes, he knows about it! haha 

I landed a job at the completion of student teaching as a long term sub for the teacher I student taught for, as she went on maternity leave. Lucky, for sure! And just last week I was offered another long term position for a 4th grade teacher that goes on maternity leave when my teacher comes back. I had a hard time deciding on whether to take it or not, only because I really miss home, but If I decided to go home, I'd just be looking for a job there. I felt like taking the job and staying here was my best option in the long run. It will make time go by faster till Brent gets home also, that's a plus. There's also a possibility that this teacher won't be finishing out the school year, so I may be here until the beginning of June! :) I feel incredibly blessed for these amazing opportunities I've been given!

Although I don't get to go home for Christmas this year- because I chose to go home for thanksgiving to be in my sisters wedding- I have lot's of good friends here in Utah to spend time with! And Brent's family will be here- so that'll be fun! :)

Happy Holidays everyone!

And here are some pictures of my thanksgiving break at home!

My cute little chunker nephew- Landon! :)

driving my step-dad's transam!!!

Thanksgiving is not complete without mac and cheese (according to that crazy girl)!

bridesmaids!!!

Shamae and Andrew tying the knot!

the wedding party missing a few cute kids that ran off!

hehe i love this picture. Shamae has the cutest laugh (she snorts haha)

their first dance. precious!

and her mama shed a tear :)

mi padre

DUKE!

me and my grandpa!

love those cute boys!

1 comment:

  1. 6 months is going to fly.... especially with teacher. YAY!

    ReplyDelete