Thursday, February 9, 2012

Watch out 4th graders!!!

Well I survived my first week in fourth grade- almost! This new class is CRAZY! I miss my angel 5th and 6th graders already!

Last weekend I had a much needed trip to St. George, and Las Vegas to witness a beautiful wedding of some college friends! It was great to get out of Syracuse, and get life off my mind for a little bit. Monday came fast though, and I began my first day in 4th grade. The kids are adorable, but they are out of control! I came in and gave them high expectations, I tried putting on my mean face, and I think it's gotten a little bit better since Monday, but idk. Right now I'm just trying to get everything organized the way that I want it, and try to stay sane! I'm taking it one day at a time.

I have a screening interview with the district on Monday, to take the position through the end of the school year. It will definitely be a challenge, but I think I'm ready for it. I already have calendars through the end of the year printed off, and state standards printed. My homework for the weekend is to plan out standards for the rest of the year! Thank goodness I student taught with an amazing teacher, that taught me how she does everything- cuz without the things she taught me, I'd be lost right now!

My roommate, sold her house this week! And I'm moving in with another amazing teacher that I work with!

Although life is really challenging right now, I have so much to be thankful for!! I was born into the Gospel of Jesus Christ- idk where I'd be without the strong standards I have been taught through it. I have an amazing family that supports me through everything. I work at a school I love, with people I love working with. I have the best friends in the world- that even though are far away from me right now, they are always there for me when I need them! And I have the best boyfriend ever- that has only 3 transfers left as a missionary!

No comments:

Post a Comment