Monday, December 13, 2010

New to this

So, I have never blogged before, and I never thought I would try it. I am taking a family history course and as part of the final project we could choose to compile our own family history. One of the choices was to start a blog. I just thought it would be a cool thing to start doing.

So, I'll start out by introducing myself. I am going to school at BYU-Idaho. It's my senior year, and I am majoring in elementary education. I will walk next July, and student teach next fall. I am super excited to graduate, but way nervous at the same time.

I am from St. Louis, Missouri, born and raised. I love it there. My family all lives there, and one of my favorite things to do is spend time with family. Also, being from St. Louis, I am a huge St. Louis Cardinals fan! Baseball season is my all time favorite. I am not very coordinated so playing sports has never been my thing, but watching baseball, really only cardinal baseball, is the best!



I have three sisters (no brothers) and I am really close with each of them. Ally, my older sister, is the most amazing mother to her three beautiful children and a step daughter. She has a 7 year old girl, and a 7 year old step daughter, and two (twin) boys that are 2 1/2. I don't know how she does it, but I know that when I have kids, she will be my go to for help, for sure! My younger sister Jenny is 17. Typical 17 year old. She is absolutely gorgeous, and always there for me when I need her. My youngest sister, Lauren, is 13. Wow, that makes me feel old! She is my baby sister and always will be, but she is growing up so fast. Oh and I have two step sister's from my Mom's previous marriage (Renee and Shamae), and one from her remarried husband (Kaitlin).
So yeah, thats my life. I have an amazing family, and I feel so blessed to be so close with them all.

Another huge part of my life... I am currently a 'missionaries girl.' I dated my missionary for 2 and a half years before he left to go on a mission for our church to San Jose, California. Total, he will be gone for 2 years. And thursday will be 6 months since he's been out. It's been hard but I'm plugging along, and making the most of life, and trying to improve myself, as I know he is improving himself.

There we go, I have started my blog finally. We'll see how good I am at keeping it up to date....

No comments:

Post a Comment